Back again for Christmas, the traditional holiday bird gets the Grill Plus treatment, including a simple preparation. Smoke ’em if you got ’em.
Mesquite Grill, Original, Herb & Garlic
- 1 thawed whole turkey (12-15 lbs)
- 1 cup Mesquite Grill Plus (Original or Herb Garlic can be substituted if desired)
- Frozen turkey must be completely thawed prior to utilization of this recipe.
- Prepare a smoker grill or preheat an oven to 350°.
- Remove the innards and trim the turkey of excess fat, then tuck the wings under themselves.
- Evenly paint the turkey with Mesquite Grill Plus. Avoid excess.
- Place the painted turkey into the cooking device, cook until a meat thermometer inserted into the center of the turkey leg reads 165°.
- Remove from heat, carefully carve, serve with traditional sides and enjoy.