A unique technique Chef Creehan came across in the British Virgin Islands lends itself well to this spectacular salmon dish.
Original, Lemon Pepper
- 4 (14″) cedar planks
- 1 (3 lb) side of fresh salmon
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ stick butter. chopped
- ¾ cup Original Grill Plus
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- Soak the planks in water for 30 minutes or longer. Preheat an outdoor grill to high.
- Remove the skin and pin bones from the salmon, then carve into 4 fillets.
- Combine the chicken stock and lemon juice in a saucepan, cooking until thickened. Remove from heat and gradually whisk in butter until blended.
- Drain the planks and place the fillets skin side down on them. Brush with the Grill Plus and sprinkle with garlic and brown sugar.
- Place the planked salmon on the grill and cover, cook until the salmon flakes easily.
- Serve on the plank with the prepared sauce, garnish with rosemary sprigs and enjoy.