Seared Tuna Rare
This spicy twist on Tim's signature dish is sure to drag the taste buds kicking and screaming into a frenzy.
Flavors:Original Flavor, Lemon Pepper
- 2 7-8 oz sushi grade #1 tuna steaks
- 6 tbsp Original or Lemon Pepper Grill Plus
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp olive or canola oil
- ¼ cup small diced red pepper
- Coat the steaks evenly and liberally with the Grill Plus.
- Place a large saute pan over high heat for several minutes.
- Carefully place the steaks in the pan, searing each side for 30 to 45 seconds. Remove and set aside.
- Immediately place the spinach, garlic, and oil in the pan, turn frequently, and cook just til wilted.
- Place the spinach in the center of four plates.
- Cut the steaks against the grain into ¼ inch strips, and fan the strips around the spinach.
- Top with diced red pepper, serve immediately and enjoy.